The job holder’s duties and responsibilities include any of the following:
- Design, develop and support manufacturing of mechanic sub systems
- Work with internal and external customers to define specifications and tradeoffs in the design cycle
- Capable to do prototype assemblies and experiments as part of the design verification phase
- Support external subcontractors in manufacturing considerations
- Provide engineering support to production and service teams
- The specifics of the mechanical sub systems include:
- Robotic systems with multiple degrees of freedom
- Development of robotic control system for motion and multiple sensor inputs.
- Patient interface for various medical applications
- Integration with MRI and other subsystems
- Design of ultrasound probes mechanic assemblies
- Design and manufacturing or tools and jigs for other subassemblies
- Thermal analysis of electronic high power modules and heat transfer problems of acoustic modules
- Non magnetic motors that operate in MRI environment
- Hydraulic motion control actuators.
- Fluid warming and cooling devices
Skills and Experience:
These are only minimum qualifications for this position at this grade level. Other factors are taken into consideration when deciding what position and grade level to place an employee such as performance level, capable contribution level and company need.
- B.Sc or higher degree in mechanical/aeronautical engineering
- 2 -5 + years experience in practical hands on mechanical engineering design projects
- Practical and hands on experience in Cad/Cam (preferred Solid Works expertise)
- Hands on EPDM - advantage
- Team working capabilities
- Good English for documentation and procedures
- Experience with multidisciplinary projects
- Experience in medical devices
- Experience in one or more of the following(motion and control / heat transfer / finite element analysis)
A Better Tomorrow
Discover the transformative power of Incisionless Focused Ultrasound.Start a Transformation
©2021 Insightec. All rights reserved.