- ExAblate for the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids, received CE mark in 2002 and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval in 2004.
- ExAblate for the treatment of Adenomyosis, received CE mark in June 2010.
- ExAblate for pain palliation of bone metastases, received the European CE Mark in June 2007 and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval in October 2012.
- ExAblate Neuro received the European CE Mark in December 2012.
ExAblate has won numerous innovation awards and has been used to treat thousands of patients around the world.
ExAblate® O.R. is a non-invasive Operating Room. The system incorporates interchangeable cradles for each application that are interfaced with the standard table. ExAblate O.R. offers both commercially approved and research treatment options for a multitude of clinical indications such as: uterine fibroids and adenomyosis*, breast cancer*, prostate cancer*, pain palliation of bone metastases* and various other indications.
ExAblate® Neuro is designed for the non-invasive treatment of various brain disorders. ExAblate Neuro has received CE marking for targets in the thalamus, sub thalamus and pallidum regions of the brain. Intended use for neurological disorders (essential tremor, tremor-dominant idiopathic parkinson's- unilateral and neuropathic pain).*
The ExAblate® 2000 system was the first system to use the MR guided focused ultrasound technology that combines MRI – to visualize the body anatomy, plan the treatment and monitor treatment outcome in real time and high intensity focused ultrasound to thermally ablate tumors inside the body non-invasively. MR thermometry allows the physician to control and adjust the treatment in real time to ensure that the targeted tissue is treated and surrounding non targeted tissue is spared.
* Not all applications are approved in all regions. Please consult your local representatives and read the product labeling specific for your region to determine approved indications for use.